Awesome Yoga Mats: Best Yoga Mats (My Review)
I have been doing yoga for many years and I wanted to share my experience with different yoga mats that I have used, so I have put together a list of the top 5 that I recommend.
Awesome yoga mat! It’s very solid and heavy weight so it feels very solid on the floor. The mat doesn’t stretch so it remains very stable, even in hot yoga classes. It is not thick and squishy so it doesn’t inhibit balancing. It is not a cushy mat, but I think much better because it is more solid.
It is also never slippery, even when new. I use it with and without towels for regular and hot yoga classes and have always found it to be comfortable, non-slip and easy to use, it had a slight rubbery smell at first but after a few classes that went away.
- Premium 3/16-inch yoga mat made with open-cell, natural rubber
- Offers terrific slip-resistance even with perspiration on the mat
- Produces exceptional resilience and incomparable cushioning
- Washes easily with soap and water; comes in 68- and 74-inch lengths
This is one heavy-duty solid mat. It looks tough. It feels tough. It is tough. The mat is dense and feels extremely firm with all my poses. I feel more grounded when using the mat compared to the standard 1/4 inch thick mats.
The extra 2 inches width and 14 inches length is greatly appreciated as well. The extra room is helpful when moving about the mat and staying focused holding a pose.
- Denser mat provides extra cushioning and comfort.
- Non-slip finish for safety and performance.
- Superior longevity and durability.
- Closed-cell construction keeps moisture and perspiration from seeping into the mat’s core.
This is a very beautiful mat that will surely get attention and envy from everyone in your yoga class. The lines and the marking on the mat are beautiful and extremely helpful for alignment and poses.
This is the only yoga mat that gets stickier the more you sweat. It is a bit heavy, but it provides the proper knee cushion for poses that require knee bending on the mat. The larger size of the mat is great for all poses.
- Revolutionary “GripForMe” material for unparalleled grip whilst practicing.
- Made using the most ‘body kind’ and eco-friendly materials and processes.
- Longer, wider and thicker than many other mats – 72.8″ long x 26.8″ wide and 4mm (0.16″) thick.
- Liforme Yoga Mat bag included.
The thickness is perfect for me. I can still do balancing positions no problem. And my hands do not slip when I’m in downward dog. Just enough cushion to support my weak wrists and still hard enough to feel grounded during balance poses.
It is a thick mat but it fits perfectly in my tote bag and it’s not too heavy to take to class.
- Open cell, natural rubber delivers durable, non-slip performance.
- Extra cushioning helps relieve joint pressure.
- Stays slip-free even when wet.
- Sustainable yoga mat with emissions-free manufacturing.
Clever Yoga Premium LiquidBalance
Grippy, cushy and spacious, it will support your asanas while maintaining a solid connection to the ground so you feel comfortable and secure throughout your practice.
The most remarkable thing about this mat is the grip and cushioning it provides while being so thin. I also love the fact that although the material is not rigid at all, and rolls up very, very skinny, the corners or edges of this mat do not curl up.
- Grippy, Cushy And Spacious.
- 100% Non-Toxic Material.
- Easy to Clean.
- Created by yogis, for yogis.